The Story of RE/MAX
RE/MAX, short for "real estate maximums", was founded in 1973 by Dave Liniger, an agent who saw a flawed system and set out to fix it. He felt that agents should pay their fair share of the office expenses and keep the remainder of their commissions, just like doctors and lawyers. The company he worked for turned his idea away, so he set off on his own and created RE/MAX. He didn’t realize it at the time, but his revolutionary ideas would produce the largest, most successful real estate company in the world.
He set up a business model that allows agents to keep their commissions, run their own businesses, and simply pay an agreed upon fee for their fair share of the overhead. Liniger’s concept put tremendous pressure on the other companies to change the way that agents are compensated. Agents across America have financially benefited from the RE/MAX system.
Today, RE/MAX has more than 120,000 agents in he United States and over 65 other countries. It is the only real estate franchise company in the world to achieve nearly 400 consecutive months of growth (and counting) an achievement RE/MAX accomplished one agent at a time.
Each RE/MAX office is an independently owned and operated franchise. We all share the famous balloon logo, the national advertising, and many amazing corporate resources, like the RE/MAX Satellite Network, but each franchise offers its own unique values and benefits. RE/MAX Allegiance has the size, technology, products and buying power to give agents benefits that smaller franchises could never afford. We are the world’s #1 RE/MAX brokerage. We’re not just RE/MAX, we’re RE/MAX Allegiance.
So What Makes the Difference for Consumers?
- Based on verifiable production, our Associates truly are the best in the business.
- Our size allows us to provide our Associates with "competitive" Mortgage, Title and Services products.
- Even the best need the best products and services at fair prices.
- We are equally comfortable as a traditional "sticks and bricks" company and as an Internet-based "Dot Com" company.
- Our systems and back office business processes allow all of our agents to do more in less time and to focus on what's important - Customer Service.
- Visionary Leadership and Professional Management. Our owners all have won recognition as RE/MAX Central Atlantic Region Broker/Owners of the Year. Two are recipients of RE/MAX International Broker/Owner of the Year honors. We have the talent and experience to compete with anyone!
- Our agents are our greatest resource. We give our agents the tools to provide the best in individual service.